Quilting design offers make choices. Quilting is a very immense craft. From dozens of quilt types to hundreds of quilt patterns are obtainable. Quilts are made all over the world. Different quilting fabrics, different stitching techniques, different patterns, different purposes, different quilt types and off course different methods of crafters.
Making a quilt is an enjoyable past time. Quilt types are divided according to pattern types like block quilts, bargello quilts and appliqué quilts, according to fabric types for example denim quilts and chenille quilts, or they can even be divided according to purpose types like lap quilts, baby quilts and memory quilts.
Quilting design is not at all difficult, in fact nothing in the world is. Haven't you heard "where there is a will; there is a way"? Quilt making is a great craft as the crafter not only gets a piece of creation to admire but along with that she gets a good quilt to keep her warm and cozy, and sleeping in one's own creation can bring you the sweetest dreams possible!!!
Quilting design may seem challenging, but it is easy to learn. You can even make your own quilt, in your choice of colors, in your choice of patterns, in your preferred fabrics with the thickness you will like. So the question remains there, "how to make own quilt?" Let me tell you how.
TOOLS AND SUPPLIES THAT ARE REQUIRED: (For more info refer Tools & Equipment for Beginner Quilting)
• Standard sewing machine
• Sewing needles - Universal size 12
• Rotary cutter
• Rotary ruler
• Cutting mat
• Pins- beaded head
• Fabrics in four colors or four shades.
• Quilt batting
• Spray starch
• Pattern for block quilt
THE QUILTING DESIGN PROCEDURE:
Block quilts are the most basic quilts, hence they are also the easiest to make. You can make a simple block quilt for your own self in no time!!!
1) Preparing the fabric: Prewash the fabrics separately. Make sure that colors are fast and the fabrics don't shrink. Now dry the fabric completely and iron it afterwards with adding the spray starch to fabric. The fabric should be completely dry and firm without wrinkles.
2) Cutting of fabric: Now place the fabrics in form of a pile, one over another on the place mat. Now take the ruler and cut 2"X2" pieces with the help of rotary cutter. Cut as many pieces as you want depending upon the size of the quilt.
3) Making a Block: Now stitch them together to form a big square, the Block. Now sew all the pieces to form the same blocks.
4) Piecing: Now sew all the blocks to each other until you get the desired size of the quilt.
5) Batting: Place the chosen batting material above the piecing. The top of the piecing should be facing the mat and the stitched side should get along the batting. Now place the lining fabric over it.
6) Quilting: Now you have to stitch all three layers to each other with the help of the sewing machine. You can add quilting patterns but for a beginner it is advisable to stitch around the basic blocks, all over the quilt.
7) Binding: Now bind all the sides with a piece of the fabric
More Places to get quilting design ideas